A good friend of mine (Kurt) talked about wanting a vegan paczki one day, so i wanted to make a recipe for him, but first i had to find out what they were, lol. What i found is that these are very close to what we in Denamark call a berliner and is like a jelly doughnut.
Of course i had to make hearts shapes, because…. I dont know why but the Kids loves them. I made 2 diffent doughnuts one called a berliner (granulated sugar) and a paczki (powder sugar).
Serving 15-20 doughnuts
- 250 ml soy milk
- 70g vegan butter
- 500g flour + extra for rolling out
- 25g fresh yeast
- 50g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vodka
- Oil for cooking
- Whatever flavor jam you want
- Powder sugar
- Gratulated sugar
- Warm the milk and the butter till the butter is melted.
- Add in the yeast and add everything else and knead it for 6-8 minutes or until it slips the bowl and gets soft.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes with a clean dish towel over the bowl and knead it again.
- Let it rest for 30 with a clean dish towel over the bowl.
- Roll out the dough till its around 1 cm thick. Cut it out using a cookie cutter or use a drinking glass.
- Set them on a baking plate and let them rest for 30 minutes with a dish towel over the pan covering the doughnuts.
- Heat up the oil to 180 degrees C (you want your pot to be half full of oil).
- Cook the doughnuts for around 2 minutes on each side or until they get golden.
- Place them on a clean dish towel or paper towel and them cool a little before placing them on a wire rack.
- Using a pipping bag, fill the doughnuts with jam and roll them in powdered sugar or cover them with sugar icing if you want a panzki or granulated sugar if you want what we in Denmark call a Berliner.