This dish is called ‘Risalamande’ and are something we eat on Christmas eve here in DK, but really I could probably faceplant this almost every day!
It’s basically a rice pudding With whipped cream, almonds and vanilla.
Rice pudding is also a Christmas dish we have here, and its something that Santas helper or the house elf would happily eat. We have a tradition to leave out this dish instead of cookies and milk for Santa like they do in the states.
we eat this christmas eve and make a game of it. we put one whole almond (without the brown shell) in the risalamande and the person who gets it, gets a present.
This is the recipe: for 2 People
Ingredients rice pudding
- 75ml water
- 45g pudding rice or sticky rice.
- 250ml almond milk
- First Cook the rice With the water until you get a oatmeal kinda texture.
- Add the milk and Cook With a low Heat until you get a Thick porridge and the rice is cooked (around 30-40 min).
- Cool it down until it’s totally cold!!!
- 100ml vegan whipping cream (i use the one froAlproro)
- 25-30g almonds Without skin and chopped
- 1/2 vanilla bean or 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Whip the cream, you can’t really over Whip vegan cream, so don’t worry about that.
- Mix it all together With the rice pudding by hand.
Cherry sauce for the Topping.