This is a recipe we actually eat as dinner here in Denmark, mostly at Christmas time. I have put it under desserts because in opinion it belongs here. It is more like a dessert than dinner. In Denmark, we call it risengrød and its something the elf love to eat.
Serving: 4 people
- 1 cup rice for rice pudding (sees on the package if it says different measurements and follows that)
- 2/3 cup water
- 5 cups plant milk (I like a mix of soy milk and almond)
- 1 tbsp sugar (this helps to not burn the ‘milk’)
- Add rice and water to a pot, and cook it until almost all the water is gone.
- Add the milk, and turn down the heat to middle heat.
- Stir in the mix for around 5 minutes, and then let it cook for around 45-60 minutes.
- Remember to check on it and stir every 10-15 minutes.
Top it off with a little vegan butter and cinnamon mixed with sugar.
tip: If you want to take it a step further you can make a dessert called ris ala mande from the recipe above by adding vanilla, sugar and whipped cream. You can finde the recipe her!
Nutrition facts per. 100g:
89 calories; Total fat: 2.1g (sat. fat: 0.4g, unsat fat: 0.4g, Polyunsat fat: 1.2g) Total Carbs: 14g (Sugar: 0.1g, fiber: 0.24g), Protein: 3.5g