This recipe is very quick and easy to make, it tastes amazing and goes with everything!
Play around with toppings…. you could use different herbs or dried veggies.
serving – 4 naan bread:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 3 tbsp vegan yogurt + more for brushing on top of the bread
- 250-300g wheat flour (if you use whole grain flour you will either need more water or less flour and your dough need to be a little sticky)
- Nigella seeds for sprinkling
- Mix the water and yeast and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sugar, salt, yogurt and 250g flour and mix by hand. When it starts to look like a dough turn it out on a table and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Use more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Place it back in the bowl and let it rest with a clean dishtowel over for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the oven at 230 degrees C / 446 degrees F.
- Cut the dough in 4 pieces and make them flat by hand, the shape doesn’t matter.
- Let them rest until the oven is hot.
- Brush with yogurt and sprinkle with nigella seeds
- Bake them for 10 minutes.