This recipe is from my ‘all it takes is one recipe’ recipe that i just tweaked a little to make lemon cup cakes. All the recipes from this series are mostly the same, but with a new twist every time.
Makes around 12-14 cupcakes
- 225g flour
- 200g sugar
- 2 tsp bakingpowder
- a pish of salt
- 1 dl (100ml) oil
- 2,5 dl (250 ml) vegan Mylk ( i like soy for baking cake)
- 2 tsp vanilla powder or sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Icing sugar
- lemon juice
- tumric for color
- Turn the oven at 180 degrees C
- Then mix all the dry ingredients together and the zest.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the two together until its mixed well.
- line the cupcake tin with papercups.
- Fill the cups 2/3 of the cup.
- Bake the cake for 20-30 minutes.
- You want to mix lemon juice in the sugar a little at the time, until you get a thick and a little runny consistency
- cover the top of the cooled cupcakes with the frosting.
Note: you could make this as a whole cake insted of cupcakes.