What is facon?
Well, it is basically vegan bacon. There are different ways to make this, but this one is made of rice paper.
It is so easy, to make and taste really good!!!
- 2-3 rice papers
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the rice paper into the size you want, I cut it into bacon size pieces.
- Mix the nutritional yeast, paprika, water and soy sauce together.
- Now cover the ricepaper stips in the marinade, not to much marinade though just so it’s covered.
- Place them on a baking pan with baking paper.
- Bake the facon for 10 minutes or until they are crisp, at 200 degrees C
- After the first 5 minutes turn them and bake them for the last 5 minutes.