This right here is my version on a vegan Croissant! With this recipe, you can make so many amazing things like cinnamon rolls, sweet potato, and chocolate rolls/croissants.
Croissants are really easy to make and if you don’t believe me check out this video…
Serving: 15-20 croissants
- 500g wheat flour + extra for rolling
- 30g fresh yeast
- 25g sugar
- 10g salt
- 350ml cold water
- margarine – 25% of the dough’s weight – around 200g
- Mix everything in a bowl except for the margarine. you may need a little more water if its to dry. Don’t over knead the dough you only want it to form into a dough before you move on.
- weigh your dough and measure 25% of your dough in margarine – 800g dough = 200g margarine.
- shape the margarine into a fat square.
- Roll out your dough until you can wrap your dough around the margarine by folding the corners up around it. you now have 3 layers.
- when we now start to roll the dough the gluten starts to work and it can get harder to roll, if that happens then let the dough rest for a bit and continue.
- Roll out the dough, but be careful not to rip the dough so the margarine can get out.
- fold the dough in the middle and then again= 4 layers and roll it out again. you now have 12 layers in total.
- fold the dough in the middle and then again= 4 layers and roll it out again until you get the size you want. you now have 48 layers.
- if you want normal size croissants you want to roll your dough to about 45x35cm, cut it so you have 2 long pieces and cut triangles.
- roll the triangles starting with the longer side and end with the point facing down under the croissant.
- let them rest for 20 minutes and bake them in a 200 degrees C oven for 15-20 minutes
this one is made with a layer of purple sweet potato mixed with vanilla and chocolate, see the video if you want to know how to get this shape.