This recipe is from my ‘all it takes is one recipe’ recipe that i just tweaked a little to make a caramel apple cake. All the recipes from this series are mostly the same, but with a new twist every time.
This cake was a quick and easy cake to make, that was a big hit with my hubby and kids!
Makes 1 8×8 inches cake (or 20x20cm)
- 225g flour
- 200g sugar
- 2 tsp bakingpowder
- a pish of salt
- 1 dl (100ml) oil
- 2,5 dl (250 ml) vegan Mylk ( i like soy for baking cake)
- 2 tsp vanilla powder or sugar
- 1 tbsp caramel extract
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 firm apple, cut in thin slices
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 30g chopped nuts, i used hazelnuts.
- Turn the oven at 180 degrees C
- Then mix all the dry ingredients together, except for the apple, cinnamon, nuts, and tbsp of sugar.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the two together until its mixed well.
- Add the cake batter to the bakingpan covered with parchment paper.
- Mix the apple slices with the cinnamin and sugar, until all the apples are covered.
- Add the apples on the top of the cake and sprinkle with the nuts on top.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes.
Note: you could make this as cup cakes just lower the baking time to around 20-25 minutes.